Friday, January 29, 2021

History of You

 History of You


I want to write a history of you,

but there's information I must have.


Did you blow the silky white dandelion seeds

during early summer and make a wish?


Did you find, when walking in the woods,

a special pebble which you've kept all these years?


Did you stand on a cliff at the water's edge,

and stare intensely to see infinity?


Did you at the wayside pick blackberries

and savor their scrumptious sweet flavor?


Did you snuggle in your arms a puppy

who looked up at you with trusting and quizzical eyes?


Did a cat fall asleep on you,

and you remained still so as not to disturb him?


Did you eat straight from the tree a peach,

and let the luscious juice dribble down your chin.


Did you gasp and cry when

Tosca jumped from the parapet?


I don't need to know your skills and achievements,

I need my questions of your life answered.





1 comment: