Friday, January 15, 2021

Dreams

 Day Dream


I gaze at the white and shades of gray,

it snowed last night so in I'll stay.

I dream of a tropical beach far away,

where I spent happily many a day.


Warm ocean water, crystal clear,

quiet laps on the beach I hear.

Hibiscus flowers grow to the rear,

they perfume here and places near.


Young folk play at the volleyball net

at this place they may have met

an ideal beach for the game to be set.

They'll have long friendships, I'll bet.


Here I see people clearing snow,

my mind sees the tropics, I did know.

Okinawa was for me a paradise, so,

to there I'd be delighted to go.




1 comment:

  1. The mind is a wonderful collection of experiences. It's great not to have to turn on a TV, grapple with a book or Google. They wouldn't capture how it was first encountered by you.

    ReplyDelete