Friday, May 15, 2020

Back Home


Back Home

From the hospitals I'm back home,
now again I can write a poem.
With what emotion should I write,
should it be heavy or maybe light.
Nurses come to see me every week,
clues to my general health they seek.
Physical therapists regularly I see,
strengthen muscles will help me.
Daily Elder Services brings a meal,
it's well balanced and helps me heal.
Now and then I drive my car,
shop or get take-out, but not far.
I'm on the computer, read a book,
or turn on the TV to take a look.
Neighbor Lois, with chores gives aid,
and some errand trips are made.

To raise a child, a village it takes,
an oldster needs the very same breaks.



                                                          or  "read a book"




3 comments:

  1. So glad you’re home and healing. Love the poem and collage. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shows quickness in your poem. You must be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete