Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Two Summer Poem



High Summer

Crowds of fun seekers at the shore,
from the cities to here they pour.
In a summer or rented house they stay
when the sun is out, they come and play.
If the gray hides the sun or there is rain
they still find amusement, in the main.
Many people come here seeking fun,
it’s needed, after all is said and done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer Vacation

I wish I had
joined the lobster fest in Onset
  bid at the art auction on Gifford Street
    taken a ferry trip to the Vineyard
       watched the fireworks celebration.
All,  I should have done,
   but didn’t.

Still, I did do some things
   wrote a poem about summer
     read a history of the Middle Ages
        lunched with friends at the Chinese buffet
          created glass and paper pieces
            listened to koto music.

On the other hand, I wasted time
   watched Poirot and Miss Marple
      found inane facts on the net
        read comics and chuckled
          played FreeCell on the Kindle.

I did some things I should have,
   didn’t do some things I should have,
      wasted time on some things,
                            and I’m glad.





No comments:

Post a Comment